Skip to content

Carpets by Dennis is Now Arnold Flooring – Names Second Generation President and CEO

October 6, 2016

— Marietta-based Carpets by Dennis has a new name after 36 successful years in business and is now Arnold Flooring. Company founder, Dennis Arnold, has retired and his son, Michael Arnold, will serve as President and CEO and will usher in the second generation leadership for the company. The new name reflects that the company sells and installs all flooring materials, including wood, tile, vinyl, natural stone and carpeting.

“The flooring business has evolved since the company was founded in 1980. As the company passes to the next generation it’s time for a new name and new look,” said CEO Michael Arnold. “We are a full-service flooring retailer and we want the company’s new name and website to reflect that.”  The new website is www.arnold-flooring.com and launches on September 30, 2016 along with new signage at the company’s Marietta showroom and on the company’s work trucks.

New President and CEO Michael Arnold has worked in the flooring business since he was 8 years old. His father would bring him to work to do small jobs including window cleaning and emptying trash cans.  By the time he was in high school, Michael was out in the field, meeting customers, measuring flooring and helping with floor installations. Other family members in the business include Michael’s brother Anthony is vice president and supervises the warehouse, and his sister Amanda is secretary of the corporation and handles sales support and administrative responsibilities.

Arnold Flooring does about 80% of its business with residential contractors, splitting the remaining 20% of its business with commercial jobs and direct retail customers. Arnold Flooring carries a wide variety of flooring materials, including hardwood, carpet, ceramic tile, stone, luxury vinyl tiles and luxury vinyl planks. In the community, Arnold Flooring has also been involved in historic restoration projects and in providing flooring for Habitat in Humanity homes.

“There have been so many innovations in flooring options in the past few years — including digital printing onto ceramic and vinyl, new stain and odor resistance technology additives for carpets – it is an exciting time to be in the flooring business,” continued Michael Arnold. “We have a full line of products for contractors and customers to look through at our Marietta showroom.

Arnold Flooring offers turnkey service for flooring needs, including free estimates at home or business, material recommendations and installation of the selected product.  “Our business has continued to do well because of our customer service and personal attention,” said Michael Arnold. “We will continue to build upon the success of the company my father started and we are excited about the future.”

The Arnold Flooring showroom is located at 1525 White Circle, Marietta GA 30060 and is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.  For more information on Arnold Flooring, please visit www.arnold-flooring.com.

Advertisements

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: